Even though conserving water is not one of Singapore's national taps, it is still a way to increase water supply. There are many different ways to conserve water.
Here are a few ways in which you could do your part to conserve water.
- When washing dishes by hand, don't let the water run while rinsing.
- Run your clothes washer and dishwasher only when they are full. You can save up to 1,000 gallons a month.
- Collect the water you use for rinsing fruits and vegetables, then reuse it to water houseplants.
- Use a water-efficient showerhead. They're inexpensive, easy to install, and can save you up to 750 gallons a month,
Advantages of conserving water:
- It reduces the risk of future water shortage as families and industries are encouraged to prevent water supplies from depleting
- Reduces land demand as there is no need to devote more land to build more water facilities to meet the growing demand for water
- It saves cost on building new water facilities
There are no such things as disadvantages in conservation of water because it is an act to make things better.