Saturday, 23 March 2013

Tap 3: NEWater


After finding out more about the first and second taps in Singapore, I did some research about the third tap, which is NEWater. Apparently, NEWater is produced from used water that is purified using advanced membrane technologies and ultra-violet disinfection, making it ultra-clean and safe to drink. There are 4 NEWater plants in Singapore, the latest and largest one was in Changi. I visited the visitor centre in the NEWater plant in Bedok to find out more about NEWater.

I have learned a lot from the visitor centre. I was able to witness on how NEWater is produced and I was able to taste NEWater. NEWater has a different taste to it, as nutrients are removed from the water, therefore it tastes different. Currently, NEWater produces 30% of Singapore's water supply. However, the government plans to increase it to 50% of Singapore's water supply in 2060.Here are a few advantages and disadvantages to NEWater.
Advantages:
  • We are able to save more water as used water is recycled and purified to obtain clean water.
  • We are able to be self-dependant. We do not need to rely on other countries for water.
  • We will have a ready source of water at all times
  • It is a long term solution for water scarcity
Disadvantages:
  • Purifying used water is extremely expensive
  • People do not like the taste of purified water as nutrients are removed.
http://www.pub.gov.sg/water/newater/Pages/default.aspx
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=NEWater&FORM=HDRSC2#view=detail&id=EE26EEC88E0684EA8DAB7D38344514D857BDD579&selectedIndex=7

2 comments:

  1. NEWater produces 30% of Singapore's water supply. However, the government plans to increase it to 50% of Singapore's water supply in 2060.Here are a few advantages and disadvantages to NEWater.http://plumbingjudge.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello everyone
    My name are Michael Ryan ,i am here to testify how i got my mortgage from Gain Credit Loan after i applied several times from various mortgage lenders. I was in need of an urgent mortgage to start a business and i applied from various mortgage lenders who promised to help but they never gave me the mortgage.Until a friend of mine introduce me to Gain Credit Loan who promised to help me and indeed he did as he promised without any form of delay.I never thought there are still reliable mortgage lenders until i met Gain Credit Loan ,who are indeed helped with the mortgage and changed my believe. I don't know if you are in any way in need of a genuine and urgent mortgage,feel free to contact ,Gain Credit Loan via their Company Email:creditloanpvt@gmail.com whatsApp: +44-75967-81743 (WhatsApp Only)

    ReplyDelete